Thursday, 16 March 2017

Too Late

[Media prompt] Transgender father and daughter transition together.
Too Late

The Social Oversight promulgated another law today. That’s not news, it publishes new regulations every day without pause in the Daily Statute, which since last year we’ve been required by law to consult before noon at least three times a week. Although not exactly onerous, more a mild irritation, it’s the requirement that chafes. For the last few months there’s been a preponderance of laws about buttons and shoe laces, collar widths and shirt sleeve length. The most momentous one I can recall was the regulation banning ‘equivalent race adoption’, but that was just institutionalising common practice. There’s a lot of that in law making these days, and besides, what family wants a child of the same colour? Vincent says the only reason they make us read new laws is because they can. I could accept that, if we knew what the Oversight was. But we don’t, so there’s no point in ascribing motive.

What makes this new law surprising, astonishing to be truthful, is the Chancellor’s initial opposition, including a caustic speech seemingly, and I say this with the usual provisos, in favour of God and biology. Like the Oversight, we know nothing about the Chancellor, except there’s a new one every four years. Perhaps she only argued this to quell rioting in the boroughs dominated by breeders and Christians, though they’re the same thing when you get down to it. All I know is they’ll be none too happy when they read this one. If the aim is blood in the streets, then they’ve gone about it the right way. It’s hard to see the logic of a constitutional requirement for all children over the age of nine to transition to, as stated in Article 7 (a), ‘a gender other than that assigned by the Social Oversight at birth.’ There’s a lot more besides, but that’s the essential thrust and, as I say, I just don’t see the point, the meaning, behind it.

I don’t identify as a Christian breeder, at least not unconditionally, and I’m not a two-gender reductionist, even though that’s what I was raised as, but you have to draw the line somewhere. That Martin Niemöller poem in the Free States of America’s White Genocide Memorial Museum puts it best:

First they came for the Whites, and I did not speak out
Because I was not a White

Then they came for the nuclear family, and I did not speak out
Because I was not part of a nuclear family

Then they came for the Christians, and I did not speak out
Because I was not a Christian

Then they came for me; and there was no one left to speak for me

If I were as cynical as Vincent, I’d say the Oversight wants us dead. All of us. But that’s not going to happen tonight. They say Sixty Threes are dancing in the street over this, but I’m willing to put a stop to it. There’ll be bleeding in the gutters before morning. It’s time for men to stand up and fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment